Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Will Come To You In the Silence

A few days before Ash Wednesday my car battery died.
When it was replaced, the radio and CD player did not work.
My television in my bedroom would only show a few stations.
The wireless on my lap top stopped working.
I prayed evening prayer and night prayer,
and some days morning prayer every day in Lent.
My heart found peace.
My Lord called me.
I rested in His embrace.
I was healed of my anxieties.
My Lord stayed near.
Amidst my wretchedness I found peace.
During Eastertime my car radio started working.
My television returned to normal and the wireless in my laptop resumed.
During the silence God caught my attention.
Amidst the noise I remain his faithful servant.
On this last day of Easter I bind every beat of my heart
to the Way, the Truth, and the Life,
my Savior,
my Lord,
my God for all of my days.
All Glory and Praise be Thine,
Forever and Ever,
Amen.

No comments: