Saturday, August 29, 2009

And a Child Shall Lead......



With humble gratitude,
I reflect
on what a bumpy year this has been.
It began with the wounds of mourning the loss Andy with the first set of holidays.
The wounds were further assaulted with job losses, relationship changes, a traffic ticket, a war etc.

Through all of the worries, anxieties and sometimes even despair,
I forced on myself remembrance of those suffering far worse than I.
The people of Darfur, those in war torn countries, the hungry, those in intractable pain.
Most recently I heard a story of HIV positive Orphans in Vietnam who were denied
a much anticipated privilege of entering public school.
"I wanted to make friends," one child sadly stated.
A child wishing to make a friend in school- that can't happen?

A dear friend and her teenage daughter have met with some difficult changes this week.
I have held them constantly close in prayer. I asked for grace that in some way I be used as a vessel of comfort and light to them. I asked Andy in Heaven to pray and watch over this mother and daughter who were faithful to him in prayer while he lived with his illness.

Yesterday, I greeted the teenager with a hug- I asked God to relay all communication of heart that no words exist for.
I said,

"I've asked Andy to watch over you. It'll be OK. No one here has cancer."
And the beautiful girl replied in consolation to her mom,

"that's right mom, cancer would be a problem, this isn't a problem, it's a challenge,
we're going to be OK."

In seeking to be a vehicle of grace, grace was given to me through the mouth of a babe.
If she were my child, the pride of that moment would beat in my heart until the last breath.

Our Father in Heaven sent a smile of light upon us.
for she is His child and proud he must be.
No one on earth has suffered more than the One who leads us to the Father,
our savior and Lord, Jesus Christ.
What have we to fear?
He's Always been Faithful to me.

Tomorrow is my birthday, I am blessed.
Once again, my cup runneth over.

Peace and All Good

No comments: